Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Honey Bee Naturalists Move Forward

Hi Honey Bee Naturalists,

It has been so nice to hear from many of you and to know you are tapping into the naturalist in you. I hope you have been finding opportunities to get to the natural world. Fall has arrived, yet the days have been balmy and conducive to being outside. Go to nature and "have your senses put in tune once more," as John Burroughs would say.

Keep submitting your comments, and I will post them whenever I see them.

Keep wondering Naturalists!

Mr. Wuerth

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone i am lucky because i have a 5 acres so i have plenty of time and space to be in the natural world. A question i have to Mr.Wuerth is when are you going to get the 2010-2011 naturalist to start posting? I would love to see what they have learned so far. Did the naturalists like the pheasent? Keep Wondering! -Chloe Bender a naturalist forever.

Riley said said...

What is up guys? i have had a wounderful summer! I am glad i went to school in the woods because i have tryed to encourage so many enviormental friendly things at my school. the smallest thing is cutting the paper in half for spelling test the biggest is almost starting a green team at my school.that was an awesome year i hope the new naturlists will have a awesome year! Oh yah, Mr.Wuerth say hi to Kelly Lumberg from Riley and Kate Hatchell. And lets hope my little bros get to go to sitw next year! It would be awesome to see what this years naturalist have learned. Naturalist forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-
Riley

Anonymous said...

I would also like to see what the 2010-2011 naturalists are going to comment,Chloe.
I think it's awesome that we can communicate, even though we are not at School in the Woods anymore. We are doing a Chautauqua at Wolford on explorers. Sound familiar? It should! My explorer is Vasco da Gama. He was a Portuguese explorer who established a trade with the city of Cochin, in India.

-Blaise

P.S.) Gophers are tearing up my dads garden. Anyone have a solution?

Tessa said...

Cool, Blaise! I'm wodering, what else did Vasco da Gama do? That's pretty cool that you get to do that. Mr. Wuerth, do any of the naturalists this year really like to write? If so, I have a feeling that there will be some more VERY long posts this year like there was last year! It's so weird not being there anymore. Did you say that it was OK if we posted on the new naturalists' blog posts? I think it would be kind of fun to know what they are saying. I'm really excited, because in three days I get to go to Boston and visti my cousins and learn some more about the Revolution. It's going to be really fun! Is anybody else going anywhere over fall and winter break?
Sorry Blaise, we've never had gophers so I have no idea what you should do.
I am, and will always be, a naturalist forever,
Tessa Lapointe

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your concern, Tessa. Vasco da Gama was the first European to go on an all-water route to India. He destroyed the city of Calcuit because they tried to charge him with leaving with goods he had already bought. He also was named Admiral of the Indies and was in charge of a trading post there. He died of sickness.
I'll have to remember to tell Kevin, Stephen, Kanoa, and Nicholas to blog.



-Blaise

Sophia Modisette said...

I went to sitw for a field trip! I saw Mr.Wuerth, I wish we stayed the full day, we went early because of rain. I was so sad. :)

Anonymous said...

FINALLY!
The new naturalists are BLOGGING!
FINALLY!
FINALLY!
FINALLY BLOGGING!
#??

-??????

Rachel said...

Hey guess what we just had a Halloween party at School in the Woods!!! It was awesome! I really enjoyed it .I was a Ballerina. Mr.Wuerth tried to embarrass me in front of the class. He told me to dance and I didn’t do it. I just sat down. Can I help it if I didn’t want to do it? Now you know how our party went!

Anonymous said...

??????=Blaise
#??=#39
I Hope we keep blogging on this post for as long as we can!
-Blaise

kristina said...

Hello, I am so happy I get to talk to you guys. Hi. I have been spending a lot of time eith the natural world and I enjoy seeing anyone from SITW.

Ms. Tris said...

A few of my favorite things at SITW: Watching birds on the birdfeeders, greeting the Ponderosas, smelling the cracks in the tree bark, the earthy smell of the soil and the trees, feeling the crisp air at different temperatures on different days, the wonderful teachers and helpers, knowing that every day our Naturalists are getting closer and closer to nature and appreciating the wonders of our natural world. I am unbelievably grateful for School in the Woods!
- Ms. Tris, Drama Club Leader

Carlie Lussenden said...

Sorry I have not posted in a long time its just because my old computer broke and we bought a french one the keyboard is messed up it has the w, x, and q in the wrong places. I miss school in the woods so much it sometimes makes me cry. im have so many new adventures in france ive gotten soooo much better at french than I thought I woul be. Right now were in Spain having a fantastic time Ava gave me the link on facebook and I miis you all so much. I have a wonderful new rental house it has name called 'La Felice' its so beautiful and wonderful. We live in a village called Valbonne and its so cute my friend and I Zoè both live in Valbonne so we walk around the square. My school is big and pirvate there all very nice and I have so many new friends. I wore my school in the woods t-shirt to school and all my british friends asked me if my parents were bears. I said no it was a school literly in the woods. I wish school in the woods never ended and I wanna go back to America but, I can't leave my friends in france.

Hope you all the best,
-Carlie Lussenden #43 a naurlist forever

Hannah Blaseg said...

I can't WAIT for middle school next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hannah Blaseg a naturalist forever said...

I miss School In The Woods sooooo much! I'm so glad that I get to go to the reunion I can't wait to see most of you!

Post a Comment