Saturday, September 17, 2011

Naturalist Alumni Back in School


Hello all naturalist alumni,
I hope all is going well in fifth grade for all of you in the 2010-2011 Golden Eagle Class. I also hope that all 11 other years of naturalists have enjoyed their summer and are having a productive start to a school year. We are preparing for the first day of fall and our annual trip to the top of Pikes Peak stopping at various ecosystems. Do you all remember doing that?
Feel free to share your ideas and happenings with the rest of us. Our newest call will be submitting comments soon to a blog post I will post.
Keep wondering and advocating for Mother Earth!
Mr. Wuerth

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember when I said I would have more trees planted at my school? Well, I asked the principal about planting more trees and he said the ground is to hard to dig into. My next plan is to ask him about planting some small shrubs or some flower perennials. They don't need a huge whole in the ground.

I still have some pine cones from the Pikes Peak field trip. They are in my bedroom. I loved seeing the yellow-gold aspen trees and the dark green coniferous trees. When we reached the alpine tundra, I remember seeing a white tailed ptarmigan.

I love to educate my fellow students about the ecosystems and wildlife we learned about on Pikes Peak. One of my spelling words was supple, and I had to use it in a sentence. I wrote, The limber pine is so supple, you can tie its branches into knots. Thank you Mr. Wuerth!

Elise A. Golden Eagle Class

Anonymous said...

Wow Elise,

What great naturalist thoughts you shared with us. I am so proud of you for sharing your ideas with others. You continue to have a positive impact on many people around you.

Sorry to hear about the roadblocks you have faced. We often struggle to convince others to improve our surroundings. We need to have perseverance.

Your use of the word supple was great. It goes well with Pinus flexilis - limber pine.

Take care,
Mr. Wuerth - naturalist forever

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, Middle school is ok. it is frustrating though.You walk down the hall someone is getting bullied, You say something they take it in a different way.For example yesterday some bully stepped on my pencil and broke it and also said he would replace it. Today, he came over while I was reading and told me he would not replace my pencil I knew to ignore bullies so I kept reading he said all the words on that page over dramatically in a mean way I kept reading and he finally went away you can Imagine how I felt. Also, This girl calls me names but I try to get along but she calls me names and stuff. My teacher on the other hand is very nice and understanding at moments he reminds me of mr. Wuerth. I have gotten chosen for most responsible in class and get praised for my work alot. That is all I care about my grades are up and I am trying my hardest. Everyone I have to say start being very responsible one late assignment in middle school is 30% off your grade. If you have an A but then have one missing asginment you have a C. If you Make it in to class 1 minute late it is a tardy, and 6 tardies is a luch detention. If you get in trouble 2 times you have to bring a slip home that tells your parents what you did.If you get In trouble Three times you are going straight to the principal.If you are even talking out of turn you are in trouble. Luckily for me I have 0 missing or late asginments and have not gotten in trouble once. My point is stay organized, Turn in things on time, and be on time. If you do those things now you wont have trouble in middle school.
best wishes,
Christine

Anonymous said...

School mascot day!!! We are the tigers so I made a T-shirt with orange ducktape and a black t-shirt.I owe that idea all to mckenzie I was thinking like her and got an idea.Thanks mckenzie. I painted my face like a tiger and did my nails orange and black!!As a school we watched The homecoming parade by the highschoolers we got so much candy it was like haloween! I also had bad parts of the day with bullies the one girl I wrote about who calls me names is back:Today at lunch she sat by me and my friends and told me she hated my shirt that I made, I said I liked my shirt and as I was trying to get off the subject I told her I liked her bow, she ignored me.I told my friend I was very hyper today, the mean girl said she does not like hyper people I made the mastake of sayin you do not have to like me then and she said she already does not I did not care and totally ignored her. I sat thinking about what she had said to me and realized I did very well with that bully ecxept when I made that one mistake, But I have to say thankyou to everyone who helped me so I could Cope with bullies. Now I am on a mission to give her the kindness treatment and my friend says that if she does not change before christmas break we are walking away from her.I have seen it work but wish me luck it will be a hard few weeks but I belive I CAN do it.Have fun in school everyone!
Naturlast forever,
christine

Anonymous said...

Please someone write! Do not just read the comments write one
-christine

Riley said...

I remember that trip so well we all had so much fun smushed inside of the bus. I loved it though! We were all int he bus and someone Had yogurt in their lunch and we just heard a faint boom from the back of the bus. Then when we got to lunch his lunch box was completely covered ina strawberry yogurt but everyone was laughing so it was ok. Hi Mr.Wuerth Blake told me that you wanted me to blog. I am so excited for you guys!!! Hi class of 2011-12 I hope that you all have as much fun as my year did!!! Remember once a naturalist always a naturalist!!! ( I am so amazed that I still remember how to spell naturalist!!!
Have fun,
Riley honey bee class of 2009-10

Anonymous said...

Please someone write!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Fellow Naturalists,
I remember our Pikes Peak field trip. That trip was so much fun and I learned so many things about the the giant slab of granite that can be viewed at my house. School is crazy this year I have taken the time to classify all of the different groups, group one: the "cool" boys, group two: the goof-offs (trying to act like a "cool" boy), group three: the crazy people, they don't follow anything but craziness, the girl squad and all the followers. I never knew that classmates could turn into invigorating specimens. I apologize for not explaining my summer to you guys. Let me say it was long and very exciting, maybe I will tell you in chapters.
Tyler 10-11

Anonymous said...

Hi fellow Naturalists this is Michael.I wanted to check in on how your summer is and how i've had a fantastic summer so far.I have drawn birds,mammals,and reptiles and some ponderosas . I wish I could've went on more hikes this summer,speaking of hiking have you went on the perimeter hike yet? if so tell me all about it.

Date :10-8-11

Anonymous said...

I have been writing where are my last 20 days worth of comments?

Anonymous said...

We don't know who wrote the above comment, and I can tell you the 20 comments did not come through. What did you do differently this time that the comment went through?
Mr. Wuerth

Anonymous said...

I clicked a million times!!!!!
-christine

Anonymous said...

Mr. Wuerth how is the green house grant going? Please say wonderfully me, mackenzie, and our whole group worked so hard.

Anonymous said...

The bully is now very nice to me the kindness treatment is working she does not bullie us any more but instead she calls us her friend which I am proud of. I hope I can help to stop other bullying!!!

Anonymous said...

How is the green house grant going?
-christine

jwuerth said...

Hi Christine,
Thanks for writing on the blog. I know people have been following your experiences. It is wonderful to hear about the person who was mean becoming more friendly lately. See the difference you continue to make. I am so proud you.
We have the greenhouse up and have been keeping some plants in there during the days. We will need to get a picture up for you to see.
Stay positive,
Mr.Wuerth

Anonymous said...

Yes please get a picture up!!!!!!!! I have been recognized in my school as a student of the month!!!! There is a boy at school who has anger issues at school, I try to help with him every way possible. I delivered a cake to his house to start out to get to know him then, I constantly complemented and encouraged him and now he knows me pretty well. My friends have pressured me to go away from him for example my friend said today when I went to find her I asked her if she wanted to do something else instead of soccer the kid with anger issues had just joined soccer, my friend saw this and right away said now I do. Once I saw that he was playing soccer and had the ball I started to cheer for him of course he got a goal! I gave him a high five and I told him he did a great job, he said it took a lot of running and I said I bet it did. my friends got really mad at me because I was encouraging him. Do you think I was wrong to do this?
Christine #24 golden eagle class

Anonymous said...

Well Christine, I think in your heart you already know the answer to your question, and at some point I bet these friends will know the right thing to do as well. How could being nice to someone be the wrong thing to do? Will anyone feel better after that? You continue to inspire me and you making a this world a better place.
Keep wondering,
Mr. Wuerth
One more thing, we have been seeing a flock of about ten wild turkeys coming up and feeding around the leach field. The naturalists have gotten to see them quite close up.

Anonymous said...

No way I wanted so bad to find that turkey you guys saw last year!!! Please take a picture and put um on the blog!!!!!????? Of the greenhouse too!!!

Anonymous said...

I have all A's in school!!!
forever a TRUE NATURALIST!!!!!,
Christine!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Please write someone!
Golden eagle class #24 (christine)

Anonymous said...

WRITE!!!!!
You Problably know who I am

milla said...

Hi Mr.Wuerth
im having so much fun in germany i miss you guys so much and hope that the 2011-2012 kids are having as much fun as i did last year anyway i would like to post a quote that i found fun and exiting quote: life is'nt about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning how to dance in the rain.
Best wishes Milla

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr.Wuerth
I just wanted to say during the summer we saw a bare it scared my horse out of her wits,but luckily she didn't run.
golden eagle class, #51(Micah)

Post a Comment